Saturday, February 6, 2016

Been Busy Creating and Not Posting!

So, perhaps I was busy for a few [years] and got away from updating this blog.  Oooops.  I have been busier than ever with learning new techniques and new crafts; I just never got around to post them.  One of the crafts I took up was crocheting.  (Yes, this can be considered more of a "craft" than "art" but it is still creating something!) 
The way I happened across crocheting was inspired by a book/gift set titled Yummy Crochet. Since I had just created this Night Stand Into Kitchen:
I needed some food to go with it to give to my niece; and I'd always wanted to learn to crochet - so why not do both at once?   ;)
If you're new to reading crochet patterns, you realize how confusing they can appear.  Enter YouTube tutorials and a lot of practicing, and these adorable little foods were born:
And I know that it is a terrible pun, but I'm hooked!

No comments: