Saturday, February 6, 2016

Advent Calendar

After looking everywhere for the best option for an Advent calendar, I decided that I needed to create my own.  I took various sizes of small boxes and added strong magnets to the back so that I could display the collection on the side of the refrigerator.  On the front of the boxes I took Christmas tags and cards from loved ones from years past, or just fun wrapping paper designs or scrapbook materials and added decorations along with the numbers.  On the inside I glued the bible verses leading up to Christmas Day:
I believe I found the link to the downloadable verses on Pinterest and will cite it here once I can locate it. The boxes are also large enough to hold small daily gifts or candy.  This first day/box features a portion of a card sent to us from my husband's grandmother; I added beads to the holly berries to add depth and sparkle. 
 

No comments: